I paid the deposit for a flat in my ex's sole name - we were not married; what can i do?

If you are no longer in a relationship and the property is solely owned by your ex-partner, you have a right to claim an equitable interest in the property. The options are as follows: You could ask your ex to voluntarily sell the property and repay you your share of the equity. You could ask your ex to add your name to the property ownership through a process called ‘transfer of equity’. This would transfer the property into your joint names and you would be legal co-owners. If your ex refuses to add your name, or sell the property, you could claim an equitable interest in the property and seek a Court Order to sell the property and repay your share. Your claim would be based on your financial contributions towards the property.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.