Can I divorce in England if my ex lives abroad?

As long as one party is habitually resident or domiciled in England and Wales for at least a year, it is possible to apply for a divorce in England. This is even if the other party lives overseas. It is only necessary to have an address and email for the other spouse to proceed with a divorce.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.