Who has to leave the house in a separation?

Who has to leave the house in a separation.
If the house is jointly owned by a married couple, both spouses have equal rights to occupy the home.
If only one spouse owns the home, the other spouse will have matrimonial home rights to reside there, even if they are not the legal owner.
If there are incidents of domestic abuse, it may be possible to restrict a spouse’s right to occupy the home through a court injunction.
In today’s current economic climate, many couples agree to share the same home but live separately under the same roof and have minimal communication.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.