What legal rights do unmarried fathers have?

If the father is on the child’s birth certificate, he will have the same legal rights as the mother. If the father is not on the birth certificate, he can obtain legal rights by entering into a Parental Responsibility agreement with the mother. If the mother will not agree, a father may apply to the court for a Parental Responsibility order.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.