What is the cheapest way to end a marriage or civil partnership?

The cheapest way is to do it yourself and apply for a divorce or dissolution online on the government website. 

The only cost you would incur is the court fee which is currently £593. If you receive certain benefits or have a low income, you may qualify for a fee exemption which may reduce the amount of the court fee payable. To apply for a fee exemption, you need to complete the EX160 form.

Alternatively, for a small fee we can handle all the stress for you. We will expertly prepare all the legal documents either on a sole or joint basis, and guide you throughout the entire legal process. We will be there to answer any questions about divorce or dissolution until you receive your Final Order.  A court fee would still be payable, subject to any exemptions. We will also advise you on the process timetable and when is the best time to finalise financial matters.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.