Taking a child abroad without consent.

What is the worst that could happen if I take my child abroad without the other parent’s consent?

Unless you have an order stating that the child lives with you – you must seek the other parent’s consent. Failure to do so could lead to potential criminal charges for child abduction.

You could also be refused entry into your destination country without the necessary documents. A trip abroad without consent is also likely to have legal repercussions for future trips.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.