My spouse has walked out – what should I do?

My spouse has walked out. What should I do?

When a spouse walks out, it can often come as a shock.
Here are some steps you should take.

Do not panic – Focus on self care and avoid making any hasty decisions.

If you have children, put their welfare first.

Take legal advice. Find out your legal rights, especially if there are assets, children, or financial issues involved.

Reach out to friends and family for emotional support.

Decide what you want – Is reconciliation an option, or do you want a formal separation or divorce?

Seek support from a therapist, divorce coach, or counsellor.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.