Is it possible to change a Joint Tenancy to Tenancy in Common?

If you are ending a relationship, changing how you jointly own a property with your ex is worth considering To change a joint tenancy into a tenancy in common, you must sever the joint tenancy and submit the necessary forms to the Land Registry.

The severance is a straightforward process that can be done at any time with or without the other party’s consent by severing the joint tenancy each tenant will then hold a share of the property, which they can then leave to their heirs as opposed to the share being left to the other co owner.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.