I want to take our child abroad on holiday, but my ex will not agree – what can I do?

If you have a Court Order that says the child must live with you, you can take a child abroad for up to 28 days without getting permission. If you do not have a Child Arrangement Order, you can make an application to the Court for a Specific Issue Order. As long as you can provide details of the trip such as the dates and specific travel details  – a Court is unlikely to refuse permission to go on holiday. The mention of a Specific Issue Order may be enough to encourage your ex to change their mind.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.