How do I set up a child maintenance agreement?

To make a private child maintenance agreement without involving the Child Maintenance Service, you and the other parent need to agree on the following:

The amount of maintenance to be paid. You can use a Child Support calculator to determine this.

How often the payments will be made (for example weekly or monthly), and when they will begin.

The method of payment; this could be by standing order or bank transfer.

Decide whether the child maintenance will be adjusted for inflation, or any other significant changes in a parent’s income or circumstances.

A future date to review the terms of the agreement.

You should record the agreement in writing, and have it signed by both parents. It is a good idea to keep a record of all payments made.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.