Does my spouse need to cooperate with a divorce?

Your spouse cannot prevent a divorce from taking place, but there is a specific form that they should complete and return. If they refuse to do so, you will still be able to progress with the divorce, but it may take longer. If they do not acknowledge receipt of the divorce papers, a Process Server can be instructed to personally serve further divorce papers on your spouse. Once served, the divorce can proceed without your spouse’s involvement.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.