Can I change my child's surname?

To change a child’s surname, you will need the consent of everyone with parental responsibility for the child. It does not matter whether the other party is involved in the child’s life, or does not see the child. You will need their consent. If consent is not given, the only option is to apply to the court under Section 8 of the Children Act 1989 for a Specific Issue Order. The court will make a decision based on the best interest of the child.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.