Can grandparents apply to have contact to their grandchildren?

Grandparents must first apply to the court for permission to make an application for a Child Arrangements Order to see their grandchildren. The court will consider the grandparent’s connection and history of involvement with the child when deciding whether to grant permission. In general the law recognises the important role that grandparents play in the lives of their grandchildren, and will consider what is in the best interests of the child when deciding.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.