Can extended family members apply to see child relatives? 

In England & Wales, there are currently no automatic legal rights for extended family members to see child relatives. The decision to grant contact to extended family members lies with the parents or guardians of the child.  If contact is refused, extended family members such as grandparents, aunts, uncles, and step-parents can apply for a Child Arrangements Order (CAO) to formalise their relationship with the child. Extended family members need to obtain permission from the court to make an application for a CAO. This permission is granted if the court believes it is in the child’s best interests.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.