Can a separated parent take a child on holiday?

If both parents share parental responsibility and there are no court orders in place, then the separated parent must seek permission from the other parent. If there is a Child Arrangements Order stating that the child lives with one parent, that parent can take the child abroad for up to one month without the other parent’s consent.

family law specialist

The Family Law Specialists is the trading name of The Family Law Specialists Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales under company number 15318261 with the registered office at, 128 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX. We do not accept service of proceedings. © The Family Law Specialists. All rights reserved.

This website is not intended to offer legal advice so do not act upon any of its content without taking specific advice.

Follow Us

2190 Mirpur terrace, Lake view house state, 10 no road.